Greater Cashiers Merchants Association Makes Ready to Host 2nd Annual Leaf Festival of Cashiers Valley – October 8, 9, & 10, 2010
Strategically scheduled for the heart of peak leaf season in the mountains of Western North Carolina, the Second Annual Leaf Festival of Cashiers Valley promises to be even bigger and better than its inaugural event. While thousands descended on the Highlands-Cashiers Plateau this time last year for the First Annual Leaf Festival of Cashiers Valley, even more visitors are expected for this year’s festivities hosted by the Greater Cashiers Merchants Association and sponsored by the Highlands/Cashiers Board of Realtors. It is anticipated that mountain overlooks will be packed with spectators hoping to capture the majesty and beauty of Mother Nature’s colorful display on everything from high-tech digital cameras to camera-phones to disposable point and clicks, as they wind their way up the mountain to the historic destinations of Cashiers, Sapphire Valley and beautiful Lake Glenville.
“We were extremely pleased with last year’s Festival – from start to finish,” explains Jochen Lucke, Greater Cashiers Area Merchants Association (GCAMA) Board Member and owner of Silver Creek Real Estate Group. “We hosted dozens of home tours, more than 2500 people attended the Festival on the Village Green, nearly 100 boat excursions were given, hundreds of guests attended the pancake village at the Christmas Tree Farm, and we hosted a jam-packed concert under the stars at Sapphire Valley. As terrific as it was, we immediately began discussing ways to make it even better!”
This year’s Leaf Festival will witness the return of the popular boat excursions on Lake Glenville, the Fall Tour of Homes, the work of talented regional artists and artisans on the Village Green, and live music at The Village Commons. Spread throughout the neighboring communities of Cashiers, Sapphire Valley and Lake Glenville – additional events and venues for this year’s event include:
• Merchants Open House featuring shop events and sales – Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Artists and Vendors Fair on the Village Green – Friday Noon to 7:30 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Featuring “Village Café” concessions by local restaurants such as Carolina Smokehouse, The Gamekeepers Tavern, Wild Thyme Café, The Zookeeper Bistro, and the Inn at Millstone.
• Pumpkin Carving Contest – Split into two categories – 14 & under and 15 & up. Carved pumpkins to be turned in for judging between 1 to 6 p.m. at the Festival Info Tent on the Village Commons. Winners for funniest, ugliest, scariest and best overall will be announced at 3 p.m. on Sunday.
• Groovin’ on the Green Concert Featuring Hurricane Creek Band at the Village Commons on Friday 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.; Live Music on two stages all day Saturday & Sunday.
• Realtors Tour of Homes – featuring distinctive mountain retreats available for purchase – (please drop by Silver Creek’s Tent on the Village Green for a map of homes) – Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Children’s Event at the Village Play – Saturday Noon to 3 p.m.
• Christ Church Worship Service Featuring the Rye Holler Boys on the Village Commons at 10:30 a.m. Sunday
• FREE Boat Tours of Lake Glenville and surrounding waterfalls – Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday 1 to 3 p.m. Excursions set sail from Signal Ridge Marina.
• Local Artists & Craft Show at the Glenville Community Development Club on Highway 107N – Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 1 to 5 p.m.
• Pancake Breakfast at Tom Sawyers Tree Farm – Saturday 7 to 11 a.m. – Adults $5/Kids $3. Farm Tours available all day.
• Please visit the Pumpkin Patch at the VFW Glenville on Highway 107.
Events at Sapphire Valley are TBA. To learn more about this year’s Leaf Festival of Cashiers Valley, find out how to get here, research places to stay, and read up on the schedule of live entertainment – visit www.cashiersvalleyleaffest.com.
“We know we’ve got a highly unique area up here in the mountains of Western North Carolina. On one hand, we have breathtaking views at every turn and unbelievable climates due to our higher elevations providing us with beautiful changes in seasons. On the other hand, we have an eclectic array of specialty shops and fine dining, a strong arts & culture base and striking architecture in countless gated communities with resort-quality amenities from Highlands to Sapphire. We’ve carved out an upscale little niche into the side of a mountain, and we hope to spread the word of our little corner of the world by continuing to host special events and invite neighbors from far and near to join us in the celebration.”
To join in the celebration year-round by becoming a permanent member of the Cashiers, Highlands, Sapphire, Glenville or Lake Toxaway communities – we invite you to visit the Silver Creek Real Estate Group Tent on the Village Green during the event and introduce yourself to us. To learn more about the talented team of brokers at Silver Creek, please visit us online at www.ncliving.com. Can’t make it to the Leaf Festival but are still interested about touring available homes and land on the Highlands Cashiers Plateau? Simply call Silver Creek Real Estate Group at 828-743-1999, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out our convenient online contact form, or drop by our offices conveniently located just west of the Cashiers Crossroads in the Shoppes at CreekSide Village the next time you’re in town.
Jochen Lucke and the rest of the team at Silver Creek Real Estate Group hope to see YOU at the 2nd Annual Leaf Festival of Cashiers Valley on October 8-10, 2010!